Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Spleen Venting, Part Two

AT&T really doesn't care about end-of-contract customers.

I currently don't have a working cell phone because a) AT&T will not act to help a long-time customer, b) while GCI and AT&T have traffic-sharing agreements, they do not extend to Dillingham, and c) nobody at AT&T will go one inch out of their way to tell you any of this information until it is too late.

My contract with AT&T expires on 16 AUG 2012. My iPhone will work with the GCI network, but only if my iPhone is unlocked. Will AT&T unlock the phone two weeks early? Oh, hell no! It's corporate policy, and heaven forfend we allow someone to have communication with the outside world when they fling themselves into the void!

GCI and all the employees I have come into contact with are the people I wish worked at AT&T. They have been so thoughtful, courteous, and helpful. In short, all the things AT&T is not. GCI has made the offer to fly someone out here to me, let me pick out a working phone, and begin service with them until I can move my iPhone over to them on the 16th. With no firm commitment, and no contract they will come to me.

You know, I am so steamed at AT&T I just may take them up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment